Saturday, September 7, 2013

Days Spent in Newton

 Bye Newton. I am sorry. I didn't expect this to happen, as much as I did not want to...

These past weeks that I have spent with everyone were priceless. These people were kind, humane, and helpful. I love them very much. This is something that I have never experienced throughout my life.

Tian shared most of his life experiences with me and also most of the jokes.
Minzie is very busy but he still takes time to care about the work that I did even though he was frustrated and mad at me. I don't take it personal. He was the one who told me family is priority and I really appreciated that. His last email message to me was "Take care. Family comes first. Always. Good luck. Mz"
I still remembered how I met him the first day where he walked towards me with a handshake and introduced me to many staff there.
Rachel also asked about my mum.

I will always remember the times that I have spent there, even though it was a pretty short one.
I really love this place in Newton.

fruits in jwt singapore
Never forget about every Tuesdays and Thursdays. Grabbing for fruits to eat! Oh and while stock last! Tian even said that if I am not around, no one is going to help him fight for fruits haha. 
banana
Tian drew these on the banana! Deric, Eunice, angry Suzanne, Priya 
Sand bottles from Tioman Island, Paya Beach
Bought all these from Tioman Island and gave it to Tian, Mei Mei, Minzie, Deric, Sheila 
mini pet hand cream from the face shop
This was actually given by Denise back then I was in Zenith. But I gave it to Rachel as I didn't use it. Hope she likes! :)
jwt singapore
I love the Public Notice Board: Don't let the Poo Poo out the Door.
jwt singapore

These are the photos that I have taken during my days in Newton, how I explored during my lunch break and going back home. :)
newton singapore
During my first day, Minzie and Mei Mei brought me for lunch. The second day, I went alone and I saw this. I really wondered what that was. Maybe a plane flew pass.  
newton singapore

newton singapore
I didnt't know I took so much photos! I took a lot in fact! After Newton, it is Orchard. I always headed down to Orchard for lunch. On my way walking down to Orchard, I would always bring my camera so that I could take more photos. 
newton singapore
I didn't know they have an Indo Cafe here but I saw it is pretty costy and the fact that I am not a fact of Indon food.  
newton singapore
Apartments, apartments. Many apartments! Building on the way!  
newton singapore

far east plaza, orchard road singapore
I went to Far East Plaza. I tried Saveur and Pasta Mania. 
Goodwood Park Hotel Singapore
I even went to Goodwood Park Hotel! Oh that was during the period of Mooncake festival! I went in to try some samples also! I love the Cempedak Mooncake! It tastes very good! 
mooncakes from goodwood park hotel

mooncakes from goodwood park hotel
The Mooncakes! They have Maoshan Durian, D24 Durian, Mao Shao Durian, Butter, Cempedak, Pink Guava with Passionfruit, Mango with Pomelo. 



joanna lai
Me :)

goodword park hotel

goodword park hotel

Orchard Road Singapore

Orchard Road Singapore

menu from big o restaurant
Big O Restaurant. Tried the set lunch- Dirty Pork Rice. I didn't really like it but I love their soup!! 
Irish Restaurant & Bar Singapore
Then Irish Restaurant & Bar. 
I wanted to go to Marche but the food there don't really attract me so as the food here in Irish Restaurant! I just want a good drink. I was pretty depressed, stressed and upset about my life...
Irish Restaurant & Bar Singapore

Irish Restaurant & Bar Singapore - Screwdriver
Had Screwdriver. The bartender must be feeling weird about me. Drinking in the noon!  

Minzie proposed me to take the bus 518 and I heed his advice. At least it was a good decision that I took instead of taking the MRT everyday! So I took the bus 518 after work everyday and I saw many beautiful scenery. It droves the passengers to Orchard, to Marina Bay Sands and to CBD. The distances were pretty long, I still enjoyed it in fact. But not in the long run. 

Orchard Road Singapore
Orchard Road 
Oldham Lane Singapore
Dhoby Ghaut
Suntec City Singapore
Suntec City
Suntec City Singapore

Suntec City Singapore

marina bay sands singapore
Marina Bay Sands 
marina bay sands singapore

marina bay sands singapore

central business district singapore
I miss you CBD!!! I will be back!!!!!  
central business district singapore

singapore flyer singapore
Singapore Flyer
marina bay sands dna bridge singapore
I saw the DNA Bridge again. Fayssal, where are you????!  
marina bay sands dna bridge singapore

cats in newtons

cats in newtons

cats in newtons
These cats are always outside of the Newton MRT. Sleeping together, eating together and playing together! They never separated from each other! 
Lamb and Spinach Stew with Rice from Urban Bites
I even headed down to Urban Bites to have my lunch since that was Wednesday. My favourite Lamb and Spinach Stew with Rice. The waitress would never forget to give me onions because I used to be a regular customer there. I could go there everyday just to eat their lunch special meals! And back then it really costed me a lot as the meal is SGD$15 and I had them everyday haha. 
I love their food, but sometimes I dislike their service. They have pretty bad service there due to the amount of customers they have and the amount of staff they recruited! NIGHTMARE. :)))

newton singapore

newton singapore

newton singapore
I took these three shots yesterday whilst waiting for Bus 518. In the end, I have decided not to wait anymore but to take the train back home. The fact that Vahan was affecting me because I care so much and I would be meeting Vahan after that... 

My new life is beginning on Monday. I am hoping for the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment