Thursday, February 6, 2014

7 Days in Siem Reap

So I went Siem Reap last December and it took me so long to write this!
I was extremely busy with my project and stuff...
I am going to feature what are the things to do and not to do over this weekend.

There were many French and Russians in Cambodia, believing it was because Cambodia was once a French Colony.

Day 1- I took SilkAir. The day I arrived was evening, I booked with Angkor Pearl hotel and luckily the driver came and picked up!! After that, I went over to the Night Market and Pub Street. I really love the food though but they sell really sweet food, they love sugar. Maybe I have a bad taste, but restaurant food ain't for me, I just felt they tasted really horrible, I just love street food!

Day 2- Did an Angkor Small Circuit tour

Day 3-  I went to Kompong Phluk, then Lucky Mall which is just a five-minute walk from the hotel. After that, I went to Koulen Restaurant, which is a buffet restaurant and apsara show to watch. Show was alright but the food was normal.

Day 4- Did an Angkor Grand Circuit tour

Day 5- Tour to Wat Thmey, Cambodia War Museum, Kompong Phluk :S, Chong Kneas Floating Village. Oh if you are heading down for a short trip, I would suggest you take a half day tour which would literally take you four hours to complete this. I would explain more on it.

Day 6- Spent the whole day shopping and buying souvenirs. Went to Central Market, Old Market, Pub Street, Angkor Night Market, Angkor BB Night Market

Day 7- Got all things ready and heading back home. I had a stop over at Phnom Penh, hmmmm I don't like the stop over though.

I am not sure whether I would go back there again but I guess no? Only time will tell, just like what Heinz always said.
Unlike Thailand and Vietnam, this place is really pretty interesting(it could be boring too!) if you love adventures. I believe the main attraction is Angkor Wat.
Trent, I want to come for you to Pattaya, why did you cancel the show?????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment